1kg Pork Belly – approx. 1.5 inch thick and flat
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tbsp dried Oregano
2 tsp Cumin Seeds lightly crushed
2 tsp Coriander Seeds lightly crushed
2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Sweet Paprika
2 tsp Garlic
2 tsp Onion
Zest of 1 Lemon
2 tbsp Olive Oil / Mustard / Hot Sauce – optional to help the rub adhere
- Combine all the rub ingredients together.
- If using, massage the Olive Oil / Mustard / Hot Sauce all over the pork belly to cover.
- Sprinkle the rub all over the pork belly evenly. Allow 15 minutes for the rub to take and adhere to the joint.
- Set smoker temperature to 110C. Once up to temperature, start smoking. We are using Cherry Flavour Bisquettes, but you can use whichever flavour you wish.
- Put the pork belly into the smoker with a drip tray underneath.
- Allow the joint to smoke until an internal temperature of approximately 93 C. This will take approximately 8-10 hours.
- Rest the joint and slice to enjoy.