4-6 Bone Pork Loin Rack French Trimmed
150g Kosher Salt
125g Runny Honey
1tsp Black Peppercorns
1 Sprig Rosemary
1 Sprig Thyme
1 Sprig Sage
1tsbp Thyme leaves
1tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped
1tbsp Sage, finely chopped
1tsp Garlic Powder
1tsp Onion Powder
1tbsp Sea Salt
1tbsp Black Pepper
2tbsp Olive Oil or Mustard
- In a stock pot add the water, honey, salt and pepper and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve. As soon as it reaches a boil and everything is dissolved take off the heat and add the herbs.
- Once cool, brine the pork for a minimum of 8 hours to overnight.
- Bring out of the brine, rinse and pat dry. Sit of a wire rack and allow to air dry in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Brush the outside of the pork with a thin layer of Olive Oil or Mustard, this is to help the rub adhere.
- Mix all of the rub ingredients well and sprinkle evenly all over the pork rack.
- Set the smoker for 115C and once up to temperature set it to smoke. We used Cherry flavour bisquettes for this but you can use whichever Bradley Flavour Bisquettes you wish.
- Put the pork into the smoker with a tray on the rack below to catch any drippings and juices.
- Allow to smoke for 4-5 hours until an internal temperature of 60C is reached, remove the joint from the smoker and let rest for 15-30minutes until the internal temperature reads 63C and then slice nice thick steaks in-between the bones and enjoy.