1 Whole Cauliflower
50g softened Unsalted Butter
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Minced Garlic Clove
1tsp ground Cinnamon
1tsp ground Sumac
1tsp ground Cumin
1tsp ground Coriander
1tst Garam Masala
1tsp Aleppo Pepper – Pul Biber
1/4tsp ground Cardamom
Combine all ingredients except for the cauliflower in a bowl and combine well. It should be 1 uniform colour by the end, not streaky.
- Trim the outer leaves of the cauliflower.
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to the boil and add the cauliflower.
- Once back to the boil, allow to cook for 7-10 minutes until tender to a knife but still with a little resistance. Be careful not to overcook as it will fall apart.
- Drain the cauliflower and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Turn the smoker on and set the temperature to 110C once up to temperature turn the smoke on. We used cherry wood flavour bisquettes but you can use whichever Bradley Flavour Bisquettes you wish.
- Brush liberally with the spiced butter, trying to get in-between the florets into the inner cauliflower if you can at all. Keep approximately 1/4-1/3 back for basting.
- Put the cauliflower into the smoker with a drip tray underneath and allow to smoke for 1 hour brushing with the remaining spiced butter half way through.