Using a Bradley Smoker should be a safe experience. There are however certain things you should do to keep your smoker operating correctly. Pay close attention, and you can enjoy your Bradley smoker for a long time to come.
Basic Safety Tips
- Read all instructions.
- Use handles or knobs for hot surfaces.
- To protect against electric shock, do not put the cords in any liquids, or use them if they are frayed. Do not have them too close to anything too hot. Unplug when not in use.
- The use of non-Bradley accessory attachments is not recommended by the appliance manufacturer. They are not designed for the machine, and may cause injuries.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or hot liquids in general. If you can, move it when it is cool.
- Use caution when reaching into or around smoker.
- It is recommended that a fire extinguisher be placed near the smoker.
If an extension cord is required, the cord must be an approved 3‑prong (grounded) heavy duty cord not over 6 feet long. Power loss can occur through long extension cords, which will impact the maximum temperature attainable.
Do not use any other type of wood other than Bradley Flavor Bisquettes®.
When Using The Bradley Smoker
- For outdoors use only. Do not operate in an enclosed area.
- Do not plug in the smoker until it is assembled.
- Do not cover or seal the racks or drip tray with aluminum foil. This can cause severe damage to your smoker.
- Do not move smoker while it is in use.
- Do not exceed a temperature of 160 deg C (320°F)
- Always wear oven mitts or gloves to protect hands from burns.
- Do not wear loose clothing or allow hair to hang freely while cooking.
- Do not use packaging box or any other paper products to cover the smoker.
- Use only approved grounded electrical outlet.
- Do not allow rainwater to come in contact with smoker at any time.
- Do not use during an electrical storm or in windy conditions.
- Do not use near gasoline or other flammable liquids, gases, or where flammable vapours may be present.
- Place in an area where children and pets cannot access.
- Do not immerse in water. If it rains or it falls into water, do not use. Shut off power to unplug safely if this happens.
- Empty drip bowl every 2 to 3 hours of burnt wood bisquettes and refill with fresh water.
After Each and Every Use
- Unplug smoker when it is not in use.
- Place extinguished Bradley Flavour Bisquettes® at a safe distance from all structures and flammable materials.
- Store the smoker in a dry covered place out of reach of children.
- Clean out any grease. Grease build up may cause fire. Be sure to keep fire extinguisher nearby.
That is the basics of using this smoker. Some are common sense, other are great reminders of what you should do to be safe. Always use common sense in situations not listed above!